Wednesday, 03 October 2012
1) This may seem counter intuitive, but you need to cut off all contact with your ex. No text messages, no phone calls, and no ‘accidentally’ bumping into him/her. If you work with your ex or see them in a social environment, just be polite but don’t get into any lengthy conversations. You need to give the impression you have moved on with your life without them.
2) If you want to get an ex back, you need to give the impression that you are not desperate and needy. This is why you must not contact your ex for four weeks after the break-up. Remember, people want what they can’t have, and distance makes the heart grow fonder!
3) During the four week period of no contact, work on improving yourself. Go to the gym, get fit, get involved in some new hobbies and team activities. This will make you more attractive to your ex when it actually comes to contacting them, and also give you something interesting to talk about.
4) When you contact your ex, make sure you do it via telephone. Email or text is not acceptable. If your ex does not answer or it goes to voicemail, hang up and try calling again in a few days. When you do speak with your ex, tell him/her about something new and exciting you did recently as this makes it seem like you are moving on with your life and not still hung up on your ex. Keep the conversation short (approximately five minutes), and do not mention your relationship at this stage.
5) About a week after the phone call in stage 4, phone your ex again and ask if they would like to meet for a quick coffee. You want to make it sound casual and unassuming.
When you meet up with your ex, do not mention anything about your past relationship unless he or she raises the topic. It's important to stay positive!
You can get a full guide on how to get your ex back by visiting this site here.
As you can see from this guide, the core points are to give the impression that you have got over your ex and that your life is just fine without him/her. That's not to say you should be arrogant, but show confidence and independence. Remember, even if you feel angry or vengeful, don't show it!