Sunday, 11 March 2012
I am the victim (har har) of my first breakup. In the two months since that has happened, here are some lessons I have learned that I will pass onto you.
1. Do not contact the other person. No ands, ifs, or buts about this one.
2. Alcohol doesn't make things better. Actually, it makes things worse and has a good chance of creating new problems.
3. Do not listen to old voicemails.
4. Do not reread old emails wherein expressions of fondness can be found.
5. Do not look at pictures of you two smiling happily.
6. In general, stop thinking about said person so much.
7. Stop talking about that person. No one wants to hear about it.
8. Nor read about it! Don't blog it either.
9. No cocooning! Go out and spend time with others
10. Be positive. If it didn't work out, why bother dwelling? The future still holds plenty in store for you!
Do you follow any rules when going through a breakup? Have you broken any?